Saturday, January 1, 2011

Added NEStopia to my Ubuntu PPA

I added packages for the latest Linux port of the awesome NES emulator NEStopia to my PPA. The only problem is that I don't know how to make a package create a ~/.[appname] config directory and/or put required config files into that directory at first run. If anyone knows how to do that, I'd appreciate the info. EDIT: Ok, I fixed it. I created a quick-and-dirty bash launcher script that will check for the required directory and file and create them if needed.

NO LONGER NECESSARY:
Unless/until I find out how to do that, anyone wanting to use my package will have to manually create the config directory and at least create a husk of an inputs file by opening a terminal and typing:
mkdir .nestopia ; touch .nestopia/nstcontrols
From that point on, everything should work fine. If you are super-scared of hitting the terminal and would feel better with a script, you can download and run this script and it will take care of it for you.

Let me know if you run into any issues or have any questions.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would you mind updating your nestopia-undead build? There are far more fixes in 1.42 and 1.43, apparently.

Thanks!

Hunter K. said...

@aloishammer
Sure thing. Just uploaded some new packages to Launchpad, so they sould be ready to go very soon. :)

Analytics Tracking Footer